We can make moving parts not only for the car and the robot, but for any figure we have invented with the help of paper drink straw. Learning new techniques while crafting develops fine motor skills and leads to new ideas.
We made 2 types of Ninja for you. You will need thick black paper for one, while you can choose colored paper for the other. And while we’ve made one with brads, at the other we’ll show you how you can use the drink straw to make moving parts instead of brads.
Black ninja steps:
1. Cut out the shapes shown in the picture and glue the decorative elements on the head and on the body.
2. Use a hole punch to make holes in the inner corners of the arms and legs for the yarn and in the middle for the brads.
3. Join the elements together and thread the yarn as shown. Hang your ninja on the wall. Tighten the string! His hands are standing up right away! Simple game for boys and girls.
Turtle ninja steps:
1. Cut additional strips and 1-1 squares of the body from colored papers. Cut a thinner strip of cloth around the eyes and cut out the eyes as well.
2. Glue the cloth and eyes to each other, making holes in the arms, legs and body with a hole punch.
3. Cut approx. 0.5 cm drink straw pieces for each connection. Cut both sides of each piece in 3-4 places.
4. Join the parts together, insert the drink straw through the holes, then fold the notches outwards in the middle from the inside outwards. In the same way on the other side. Repeat for each connection.
It's done, how simple it is, just have a paper drink straw at hand, you can make any moving element for any project!